Being patient

Went to the gym today after work, did some rowing, cycling, and some weights. Nothing too fancy or spectacular but it’s the first time in about three weeks that I’ve been to the gym. Saw there was a Car2Go parked right outside so I reserved it, got a smoothie from the gym smoothie bar, stopped at the grocery store and picked up a few things, and drove my way home rather than wait for a train.

I got a call today to confirm my psychologist appointment for tomorrow. I had thought that this practice was part of my insurance group, but I’m not quite so sure now. When I found the mental health details for my health benefits it said that outpatient visits would be paid 100% after a $25 co-pay, but when I got the confirmation call today they said that my insurance covers it once I reach a $2000 deductible, and that the first visit is $250 and subsequent visits are $200 each. I double-checked the benefit details when I got home and the $2000 deductible applies to inpatient visits, and so I’m not quite sure how an hour-long visit in the office equates to an inpatient admission. It’s not the increased cost that bothers me (although $200 is more than the $25 I was expecting), but I won’t be able to go as often as I was thinking I’d go if it’s $200. I’ll have to call my health insurance group tomorrow to double-check how the charges ought to work.

I’m hoping that tomorrow will have a telework option available; they’re expecting some snow but it’s not supposed to start until later in the morning or some time in the afternoon. While I’ll have to head out tomorrow for one reason or another – either to work in the morning, or to the psychologist in the afternoon – it’ll be easier to make my calls and head out from home rather than from the office. Plus there’s the whole sleeping-in-a-little-later and not-having-to-immediately-get-dressed bonuses that go along with working from home.

Speaking of waking up in the morning, I made some adjustments recently to the sequence of alarms. For a while I was waking up closer to 9 AM and out the door by 9:30ish, getting to work by around 10-10:30. ((We’re on the hook for fixing issues between something like 7 AM and 7 PM, so me working from 10-10:30 to 6-6:30 wasn’t so bad, but then we wanted to be more visible in the office so I now have to be at work by 9:30. Still not so bad – 9:30 is what I started with when I started this job – but for a week or two back in December when we had to be at work by 8 I was pretty unhappy. What can I say, I like my sleep.)) With me getting to work closer to 9-9:30 now and not wanting to oversleep:

  1. Jawbone UP alarm goes off between 7:33 and 7:53 AM
  2. Clock radio goes off at 8:00 AM
  3. Bertie’s cat feeder goes off at 8:10 AM which causes Bertie to leave the bed and gives me less incentive to stay nestled under the covers

After Bertie had his breakfast he returned to my bed where he meowed at me quite a few times until I got up. It was probably his way of urging me to get up and go to the bathroom so he could have a drink from the sink, but a fuzzy alarm clock is still an alarm clock, and it was still pretty cute the way he came back to check on me.

For a while I had an additional alarm set for 8:10 (or was it 8:15) on my phone to make me get out of bed and go to my phone to turn it off, but so far I haven’t needed to reactivate it. There was another one set for 8:30 which was my “time to go” alarm which was my reminder that I should start wrapping things up and head to the bus stop. I turned that one off as well since I didn’t want to have it going off while I might still be in the shower.

Speaking of alarm clocks, I ought to go to bed. First, though, one quick look at OPM’s website for tomorrow… damn and blast, open as usual. Hopefully that’ll change by morning.