this is what i saw when i got back from work.
the dryer in the apartment across from mine caught on fire! the fire department had to break down our door to make sure there wasn’t anybody in the unit (they also busted one of my bathroom doors), but other than that (and a hint of a smoke-smell) there’s no damage really to my apartment. i talked with the regional apartment manager, and he said they’re going to be securing the units and getting in contact with their insurance company. thankfully nobody was hurt!
eta: they’re measuring the door now so they can get a replacement from home depot to secure the unit.
i think tyler durden did this.